Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sports League Spreadsheet

10 years ago I wrote a football results table in excel for World Cup / Euro Cup, I updated it every couple of years before calling it a day when the net was saturated with different versions of the chart.  

I got alot of emails about the spreadsheet I produced mainly asking how it can be adapted for other sports which resulted in me rewriting a new version of my spreadsheet to allow people to enter their own teams whether it be Sunday Football League through to a local Dart's league.  I made it available on the net back in 2004, 6 years later, I've forgotten all about it until I read a post on a forum asking for a spreadsheet.

Searching the site I originally posted my spreadsheet to alas it's no longer there, so I've dusted of the cobwebs and made it available again.  It should work with Excel versions 97 or older (I've tested it today with Excel 2007)

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from my Google Docs area at the following link

3 comments:

Alex Bracken said...

Hey so I came across this while looking for a way to do a dart league spreadsheet. Any chance you could give me some pointers on how I could incorporate 9 players, 7 matches, 12 games and then calculate how many wins vs losses in the individual matches each game for each player

lakeuk said...

Um.... so you saying you have 9 players per team who'll play 7 matches on a game night and there 12 game nights in total.

Difficult one to rack my brain around - the teams against games nights should fit in the same as the football spreadsheet, then you could just have a template for the player / matches

ie Match 1 - Team 1 Player 1 vs Team 2 Player 1

- John - said...

When I click on the link, I get an endless redirect. Cannot download the spreadsheet.