So what do you do with a Raspberry Pi? Well to start with I built a case out of lego, never too old!!
Got loads of ideas like the next version of my birdcam but lack of time hasn't been on my side to progress, I tried a build of XBMC but was to sluggish for my liking on my 256Mb Pi.
Finally I settled on an RetroPie install from an image and plodded my way through the setup instructions, not too bad as most are already setup but not being from the linux world where sudo is the kill command it was a case on slowly going through the instructions. One area to setup is the fanart, there's a ES Script that does much of the work but does miss some or picks the wrong details for you. So being from the world of Windows - groan I hear ;) I wrote a crude visual basic app to help fill in the gaps, which you can see a screenshot below, you can download my 'crude' app from my Google Drive
- Copy gamelist.xml and any fanart you've already captors from your Raspberry Pi to the windows directory with the executable you downloaded above.
- Run RetroPie.exe
- Click [Get GameList] button
- Select item from left list, details should appear on right side, which you can update a save via [Update] button
- If you don't have the fan art, type a search term and press one of the three buttons to manual find what you want
- The rest you'll need to figure out :)